Thursday, October 2, 2014

Whole thirty Thursday

One of my family's favorite meals for fall is a green bean and potato stew that Gabe grew up eating. The base of the stew is cream of mushroom soup and unfortunately when I went gluten free in 2012 I stopped eating most canned soups as they often use wheat flour as a thickener. On occasion I would still make it using a gluten free cream of mushroom, but it just wasn't the same. Enter this recipe. It is seriously so delicious. The recipe is actually a seafood recipe but I replaced the seafood things for other things. I used chicken stock, regular potatoes not sweet, and added beef, green beans and potatoes. I wasn't sure how well blending coconut milk and boiled potatoes as a thickener would really work but it turned out awesome. Definitely a recipe worth trying for fall and as always it's completely whole 30 compliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment