Thursday, September 4, 2014

whole thirty thursday

I started making THIS recipe a few years ago but had to tweak it right off the bat because of the couscous. I have been eating gluten free since 2012 which means couscous is not something I make often or ever. So I had been making this recipe with rice instead of couscous...but to make it Whole 30 compliant you have to replace the grain, so rice is out. No worries, the rest of the recipe is completely compliant!
To make cauliflower rice you'll need a grater or a food processor. I use a grater, because obviously I love adding more work to my life. You pretty much just grate that bad boy.

The recipe instructs you to add the rice, spinach and shrimp together in a foil packet, instead I throw the cauliflower rice in a frying pan with some olive oil and brown it some. While the cauliflower cooks I put the shrimp in a separate pan and heat it up. Then I add the spinach to the cauliflower rice. Sometimes if I'm feeling particularly motivated, I'll skewer the shrimp and grill them. I buy already cooked shrimp so it doesn't take too long to get everything warmed up and cooked through.


 The salsa in this recipe is by far my favorite part so I usually double what the recipe says to make. It's easy to make this while everything else is cooking but you can make it ahead of time too!



It's easy peasy ya'll and seriously so good. Even Gabey Baby loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment